Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Default Problem with sansa clip zip (Bricked?)

I bought a clip zip last march and It has really helped me enjoy quality music on the go. I've updated the firmware and rockboxed it to the latest version. It may be kind of long but I just want to share all the details of my problem with the clip zip.

Just this afternoon though I plugged it to my cousin's laptop because it was running low on power and then when the usb logo appeared on the screen to indicate it was charging. The trouble began when For some reason I tried to unplug it and turn it on and it become unresponsive only showing the usb logo on the screen.

I hold the power button for a good amount of time and it turned off. Then when I turned it back on to check if there was any damage, rockbox still load itself but then it seems that I can't play any music anymore. When I plugged it to my pc to check the files it seems that all the folder kind of become shortcuts and all have 2kb size. Also the folder's dont opened when clicked, surprisingly though when I checked the capacity it was still full like the files are still there.

In my panic I tried to delete all the files because I want to reset back to the factory settings and still the the capacity was still filled like there are still files inside. So I reformatted it on windows and now everything is gone but when I turn it on it will still load the rockbox but then would say: "Loading firmware not found" and then afterwards there is a "Plug USB cable" message in the middle.

Can someone help? thanks a lot.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]