android
Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 AM

Default Wifi no longer working on Galaxy Player 4.0 YP-G1

Hello I have a Galaxy Player 4.0 that I purchased 15 months ago. All of a sudden it won't connect to WIFI. It just says obtaining IP Address, but never does. I tried what someone on these forums suggested by setting up a static IP address and it still wouldn't connect.

I contacted Samsung and after resetting my router to no affect they suggested that I do a factory reset. Well I tried but I couldn't reset my player. I went into settings and pressed reset the player went off and took me to a page that gave me some options. I clicked wipe data/factory reset scrolled down and hit yes. Then it took me back to that page and I pressed reboot system now. My device turned back on and is the same as it was before with all of my apps and everything else still there no factory reset. I've tried this more than five times with the same result. It just won't reset.

I'm running Steves Kernal 3.0 and I'm not sure if that could have something to do with it. Has anyone on this kernal reset their device successfully? Also when I first ran Steves Kernal 2.1 I accidentally held the up arrow and the power button and got stuck in a bootloop so I had to get a new stock rom from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1472897. Could there possibly be a problem with the rom? I already know that this rom isn't perfect because the clock and Samsung widgets don't work, but other than that I haven't had any problems with it. If all else fails I'm going to try to run this stock rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531850 instead and see what happens. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Update:
I flashed a different stock rom now the widgets and clock work but it still won't connect to WIFI.

Last edited by p2ition; 05-18-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-18-2013, 01:23 PM

anytime I've ever been stuck with the obtaining IP address on my player ALL I've had to do was pull the power for my wireless router, do the standard wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. Not sure why your having so much trouble. What brand is your wireless router?

Old 05-18-2013, 03:53 PM

Default Wifi no longer working on Galaxy Player 4.0 YP-G1

I've tried to pull the plug 3 times. First for about 20 seconds then 2 minutes than for 10 minutes and I have the same problem. I just flashed a new stock Rom so my player has now been reset and I still can't get WIFI. I have Verizon Fios this is my router http://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Action.../dp/B002V75U7I. I've been using it for 15 months with no problem and now all of a sudden no WIFI on my player but WIFI works for the laptops in my house. I'm actually on a laptop right now. I found out why the static IP won't work apparently Verzion only provides that if you have a business account which I don't.

My Kyocera phone connects to my WIFI with no problem so it must be the Galaxy Player.

Just went to Panera Bread and the WIFI worked fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Last edited by p2ition; 05-19-2013 at 07:27 AM.