android
Old 06-05-2013, 06:49 PM

Default Gimp Settings for Album Art?

I have a clip zip and fuze v2 that i just swap my micro sd card depending on what player i want to use. Now I'm trying to figure out why some album art displays but others don't. I'm using gimp on linux. Can anyone help me find settings that work on both? Edit btw I want it embedded with mp3tag

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Ordinary JPEG works with rockbox. I've never used GIMP, but you should just be able to save as JPEG.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 AM

Ah my problem was that some files show 2 different covers on mp3 tag and neither one displays. But if I remove one it works just fine. Is there any workaround for this?

Old 06-06-2013, 10:26 AM

Can you post one of those files? It sounds like your tag editor is doing something funny. It shouldn't matter how many images are attached.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 AM

It's a podcast. I'm using a program called gpodder to download podcasts and they recently added the option to embed album art post download. The problem seems to be that the author sometimes adds their own artwork and it doubles up. I attached the file if you don't mind trying it out. edit can't seem to upload an mp3 file let me see if i can dropbox it Heres a link https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7trwahdii...os_2013_E3.mp3

Last edited by mamamia88; 06-06-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:51 AM

anybody? still having same issue with files that have 2 jpegs attached displays neither on the player

Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
anybody? still having same issue with files that have 2 jpegs attached displays neither on the player
Sinmple. That file has 2 images embedded in the ID3 tag. Your player doesn't know which one to display, so it displays none. As you've found out, removing one allows the player to display the other.

Quote:
Ah my problem was that some files show 2 different covers on mp3 tag and neither one displays. But if I remove one it works just fine. Is there any workaround for this?
It should be simple enough to figure out what needs to be done here. No, there is no workaround.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:21 PM

You also need to disable "Progressive" in the "Advanced Options" block when exporting to JPEG, as Rockbox doesn't support it.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:50 PM

yes i have that preset already in gimp. just trying to figure out why my custom made artwork doesn't seem to work when the author embedded their own.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
Sinmple. That file has 2 images embedded in the ID3 tag. Your player doesn't know which one to display, so it displays none. As you've found out, removing one allows the player to display the other.

It should be simple enough to figure out what needs to be done here. No, there is no workaround.
well damn that sucks. yeah not worth the hassle of removing all them. was kind of hoping that there would have been a workaround. worth filing a bug on rockbox for this?

Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
well damn that sucks. yeah not worth the hassle of removing all them. was kind of hoping that there would have been a workaround. worth filing a bug on rockbox for this?
I was referring to the OF, but I can't see how either firmware would "know" which image to display when there is more than one.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
I was referring to the OF, but I can't see how either firmware would "know" which image to display when there is more than one.
well a coin flip decision would be better than no decision right?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:31 AM

I see that one of the attached pictures has the "Front cover" type. That one should always be displayed by default.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
well a coin flip decision would be better than no decision right?
As far as I know these things don't have a capability of "flipping a coin", even with Rockbox.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Why bother adding album art to podcasts?? I certainly wouldn't bother....I'm almost always gonna listen to it and then delete it afterwards. The only one I keep and archive, I could care less if there's art attached or not (there is) but I certainly wouldn't bother to add it.

Most all of my embedded album art on my music comes from Amazon via MP3Tag.....it's fine for any of my players. Usually around 500x500, but small filesizes that even would show on a Clip Zip in the OF most of the time. (yeah, I haven't used the OF since November 2011, but I remember the filesize has to be under 100kb.)

Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Why bother adding album art to podcasts??
Because it's purty ... (But, I agree with you and never have bothered. But hey, if it's easy enough and especially if you're keeping the podcasts around, I guess, why not?)

Old 06-15-2013, 05:44 PM

The two embedded images problem should now be fixed.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Because it's purty ... (But, I agree with you and never have bothered. But hey, if it's easy enough and especially if you're keeping the podcasts around, I guess, why not?)
ocd. and i don't add the art the program adds it for me automatically post download. btw bug has been fixed.