android
Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Default Changes to FLAC file metadata don't show up in X7

As I have mentioned before, I use my X7 as my main storage of music. Recently I heard about Foobar2000 and decided to try it out. I found that I really liked it as a tool for cleaning up my music file's metadata. I have started doing this in response to issues where my X7 does not show the metadata for songs, and some tracks just show up as Unknown Artist/Unknown Album with the file name as the song name. I went and edited these files in Foobar to be correct in Title, Artist, and Album. These are the files directly stored on my X7 for the record. Then when I unplugged my X7 and turned it on, the files were still wrong, with the incorrect title and the unknown artist/album. What can I do to fix this issue? I do not know why it happens to some files and not others, almost everything I use is FLAC so it's not like it's a file difference. I never eject my X7 when I unplug it (Windows 7 Home Professional), is that an issue? Also, I think a number of the files with problems are ones that I ripped myself with EAC. Perhaps there's something to do with that? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2013, 02:28 AM

I have had similar issues with MP3s.

The problem is that if the X7 sees the same files on your player then it doesn't rescan them for metadata changes (even if you have updated those files).

The solution (for me) was:

1) Remove the files
2) Restart player (so that it updates metadata for the removed files)
3) Re-add the files
4) Restart player (so that it updates metadata for the added files)