android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM

Default Does anyone know if there will be improvements to galaxy S4 audio quality?

Hi all,

I posted a question in the cowon section also but it definitely has to do with my new galaxy s4 as well. I just got the phone. Love it. Sound quality with headphones is a big deal for me. It's good. It's not as good as my old cowon s9. Does anyone know if there will be improvements to this on the S4 or will I have to be double fisting again carrying the phone and an mp3 player?

I'm using power amp on the galaxy s4 with some bass boost. Volume booster also because my phones are that loud with this unit. Still gets distorted at the higher volumes and doesn't sound very full. Very shrill compared to my dedicated mp3 player with BBE and everything.

THanks in advance.
Pete

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

I just got the S4 myself and it's an incredible phone. However, I will always listen to my music on a separate DAP, including my trusty X7 and also the iPod Touch. I have yet to listen to music on my new phone.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Administrator

===thread title changed. please use descriptive titles in the future. "galaxy S4 audio quality" doesn't let anyone know what info you need and isn't searchable by someone looking for the same info in the future.===

According to the audio quality test at GSMarena http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i929...view-946p8.php the base audio quality of the S4 is very good. I suspect what has happened is that you've become accustomed to the BBE effects and the music just doesn't sound right now without them.

When I had the trial of Poweramp installed I found that I could get a pleasing sound using it's enhancements and EQ. I found it better to leave the bass as it was, reduce the treble and increase the overall gain. That allowed for better bass with less distortion to my ears. It's something to try with your setup to see if you can create a sound sig that's pleasing to your ears.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:22 PM

Thanks. Sorry for the confusion about the subject. I will give your eq suggestion a try. Thanks also musichound. That's how I've been feeling about listening to music on my phone but I wanted to give it a try. Would be cool to see what others say about it or if there are other pointers. Thanks again,
Pete

Tags
cowon s9, galaxy s4 sound, quality