android
Old 08-05-2013, 06:48 PM

Default new CZ thoughts :)

I LOVE IT!

wasnt too sure when i first got it as seem very cheap build wise ....and then had troubles with using sd cards (android grrrrr )

...but now - its fab! sounds awesome with my bose ie2s

...and rockbox - once i got sure to the slightly odd ui in places - works really well - especially like the super fast create new playlist from select folder group - cool

....even starting to think i might need another one

cheers
dan

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Many here have more than one Clip player. I usually wait until they are on sale to buy more. In the US they usually go on sale on the major holiday weekends(labor day, memorial day, presidents day, black Friday).

Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM

hi JK,
good to hear im normal.....for here then

unfortunately i dont think we will have sales for them in uk

Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Getting another one was how I finally decided to deal with the relatively short battery life with the Clip+. Funny part is I found that if I just started a playlist to rolling and don't mess with it and cause the screen to turn on a lot the battery lasts a full day. I do that a 3-4 times a day and when I check the charge at the end of the day I still have at least 20% charge left. Most days I use a Clip+ or a Clip Zip I don't listen continuously all day but I listen at least 6-8 hours.

Now that you have a new one you might want to check into refurbs for your additional players. If you follow what I said when you mentioned it before you can save a considerable amount of money by looking around for manufacturers refurbs. My oldest Clip+ that's ~3 years old, cost me $19. It gave me over 11 hours runtime the last time I battery benchmarked it in Rockbox a couple of months ago.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:15 PM

cool - thanks skip - good idea - yes i was looking at a refurb on the bay, before i went for this new one - think it was about 16 - but decided to play safe with my first one
cheers