android
Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 AM

Default New Fuze+ owner... with questions

Hello guys

After reading on line all the reasons NOT to get a Fuze+ I went ahead and bought a refurbished one at a price I couldn't let go. I was actually looking for a used Fuze on eBay but I can't believe how much people are paying for these discontinued used players (with my luck Sansa will probably release a classic Fuze reissue anytime soon).
Anyway I just updated the firmware so I'm just getting the hang of the touch pad and the file system, looks easy enough to navigate.

The only thing I need help so far is about the album art being displayed rather small. The album art, with sizes ranging from 300 x 300 to 500 x 500 is embedded on all my mp3, wma and aac files.
On my other player, a trusty 8Gb Sony Walkman NWZ-E354, all album art is displayed correctly, no matter what dimensions the file is or what audio file it is embedded to.
Any ideas how i could fix this? I really would hate to redo all my albums again.

Thanks for any help

David C.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 PM

Solved it!!

Seems Winamp adds a file named .alb which contains the album artwork at a size of 120X120. The Fuze+ looks at this file to display the artwork. Solution was to delete all the .alb files from the player (must be in MSC mode) so the Fuze+ will use the embedded artwork instead.

Thanks for looking.

David C.