android
Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 AM

Default intro and request for a patient mentor H340

Hi, - my request is to link up with a mentor who is knowledgeable with H340 and H120, but more importantly - has the patience to put up with and help guide me from A to Z - in getting my H340 and H120 back up and running
I can follow instructions - I can understand the principles of things and can take things apart - often successfully putting them back together - but I just have a blank when it comes to knowledge about computer systems - hardware V software V firmware etc..
My favourite -H340 recently started skipping tracks and only partially playing them - so - not really sure what I did but it kinda goes like
reformat - to clear disk
plug into computer (windows 7) it is recognised only if its open in boot loader ? versus actually switching on in iriver mod.
I put a music file back onto the iriver - drag n drop as normal - it play's the file via my computer when the H340 is plugged in
But - remove the H340 - power it up - go look for the music folder and the only thing is a folder with Japanese lingo - which will not open and the H340 then locks - needing to push the reset button to get it to switch off

now I've ordered a new drive - soon to arrive - but it's all black magic to me - this is where I need a kind and patient mentor to assist me through the process and get this great machine back running

my H120 is another story for later - basically wrong or reverse polarity charger installed = something fried - suspect in need of a few circuit board replacements - or a new circuit board ?
fingers crossed you can help
cheers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-03-2013, 11:16 AM

ok H340 is sorted - thanks to subscribers in the post I river HD 340 replaced drive not working
using FAT32formatter - changed from a NTFS to FAT32
so I must have accidentally converted it to NTFS when I previously formatted the drive using windows
no idea what this means but suspect it is like a language compatibility thing ? - anyway it works
thanks

Old 09-04-2013, 02:58 PM

Hi Norman,

Good to see you've got it going. I'm not sure about the later versions but windows never used to be able to format drives above 32Gb as a FAT32 file system and the iriver only recognizes Fat32's.
In regards to your first post
Quote:
my H120 is another story for later - basically wrong or reverse polarity charger installed = something fried - suspect in need of a few circuit board replacements - or a new circuit board ?
You will have damaged charging circuit. If you or someone you know can do SMD soldering you can probably repair it. Here's a couple of links which may be of use to you.
The repair of fried players may be possible thread from the old misticriver forums http://web.archive.org/web/200807250...-possible.html
The schematics for your player http://fvd.ru/?go=drivers&folder=iRi...ram\H%20series you may have to right click and "copy link location , then paste it into your address bar if the page wont open.
and the rockbox page of the components http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/IriverHardwareComponents

Hopefully something there might help you, best of luck.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:18 AM

thanks - ill look into this as another project - although the repair maybe outwith my ability - I can source someone to do this for me - or alternatively look for a 2nd hand circuit board