android
Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 AM

Default e260 not booting/blue vertical line

well i got a problem, my e260 is not booting. it boots to recovery, it also "boots" when i connect it to usb but it is frozen, nothing shows on the pc and i have a vblue vertical line on screen

what do i do? i installed rockbox yesterday, worked fine till now

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-03-2013, 10:56 AM

i re-seated the battery and it works. i noticed if i plug it into usb while the player is off this happens?

Old 10-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Mine boots to Rockbox then connects when it's off. If it's on in Rockbox it just connects. The only time it doesn't is if I hold the key combo to change the connection to charge only or boot to the OF. If it's not happening that way I'd check the hardware.

If the battery was loose there's also chance the daughter card isn't firmly seated. There's links to pics here to let you know where that is. There's also a ton of info available here.

A couple of precautions if you ever need to recover a V1 E200. Take the precautions about not adding anything but the listed files into the recovery partition seriously. Doing that can make it virtually impossible to recover one.

The other is to not update past this firmware. Rockbox doesn't care which one you use but booting to one past that one in the OF will quite possibly cause serious problems.