android
Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 AM

Default NWZ-S545 Problem

Hi all,
I have an NWZ-S545, which I have had for over 2 years. Recently it died. It was stuck on the "Every Moment Has It's Music" screen. I tried everything to get it going, charging in the wall, charging in the PC, reset button, on the line with Sony Tech Support doing all sorts of things, even trying to force a firmware upgrade.

I wound up sending it in to Sony, they said for $67 they would exchange it for a Factory Refurb. Well yesterday they told me they did not have any stock of this and instead they are sending me a check for $50 as a prorate refund. Not too bad, since out of warranty, les the $6 I had to pay to ship it in. I was still upset that they couldn't send me a refurb or even just repair my unit.

I really loved this player, the 16Gb was plenty for me and I made extensive use of the built-in speaker.

Does anyone know where I could get another, at a reasonable price? Or alternatively, suggest a different brand/model that would be comparable? I can even make due with only 8GB, if need be. But really would like a good quality built-in speaker. I bought, yesterday, a 4GB Eclipse, with built-in speaker. I will be returning that, as the speaker, at full volume, is barely hearable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 10-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]