android
Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 AM

Default Clear Audio volume inconsistency

Hi everyone, my first post here.

Here's the thing: I just bought an E584 and noticed a strange problem with ClearAudio (yes, I kind of like the sound it gives).

All was fine, until on one particular track volume starts jumping up and down. I'll try and explain, hope it makes sense: there's a rather intense musical theme (mainly bass) and occasional lines of vocals over it, so whenever the vocal line kicks in - the music goes way down in volume, I mean like 1/3, then back up once the vocal part goes off.

And no, it's not a problem of the track itself, because I've listened to the same particular song (same file) on my Xperia with the Walkman app and(!) Clear Audio enabled, there was no such problem there.

Is that normal behaviour of the C.A.+ feature and should I just turn it off and forget about it? Or any other setting I may have missed? (Volume normalization is turned off.) Also, maybe other tips and tricks on tuning the 584 for the best performance?

Oh, the song is Black by Archive, the part where vocal lines begin, but before the "chorus", in case anyone cares. I'm sure it's not the only example, it's just the first I ran into.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Shulcs; 12-14-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2013, 02:59 PM

I'm not familiar with the E584, but the first thing that I thought of when I read your post was another thread dealing with Clear Bass and volume changes when using a line-out dock. Try reading this thread and see if the problem that you are having is the same (LOD = Line-Out Dock).

Matt

Old 12-15-2013, 05:33 AM

Matt, thanks for your reply, yes I guess it's the same story the stupid thing is basically distorting sound in order not to distort sound, gee, thanks.

Tried it with the kit headphones, which require a lot less power than the ones I'm using, and guess what you can't really hear the problem there, so I'm guessing that the walkman basically looks at sheer numbers on the volume bar and starts to panic based on those, instead of the actual output.

Well OK, so much for the CA+ feature then. Now I just have to wonder, would the cheaper model with no "+" have the same trouble. It would be sort of sad, if going for a (supposedly) better sound processor eventually turned against you.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:36 PM

Yeah what Matt said is the problem you're talking about, turn down your clear bass a notch and see the difference. When I'm using an amp with my Walkman I can never set 3/3 Clear Bass, it starts capping down everything.

Tags
clear audio, volume problems