android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2013, 11:02 PM

Default Thinking about purchasing...

I've been using my de-activated Blackberry Torch 2 as my MP3 player when I purchased my Note 2.

It actually is very nice (the physical keyboard to look up songs on the go is perfect when I'm working out when I want to mix up my playlist. Also great when I'm driving and don't want to look at the screen to play a song I want, can just type it in).

The headphone jack died on my Torch 2, so I've been using Bluetooth HP and in my car, but the phone is dying itself. I can play songs for an hour and when I turn the phone back on from standby it crashes.

With that, I'm looking for a new non-ipod mp3 player. I probably would've gotten an Ipod Touch but whenever I sync those to my Pioneer Dash via bluetooth, it doesn't transmit the name of the song and information on my dash LCD while every android/blackberry phone works like a charm.

Samsung Galaxy Player I noticed a few years ago but I didn't have a need for it. Now that I do, I noticed it's no longer in production so have to buy refurb or 2nd hand off ebay.

My question is, is the OS upgradeable? Also, I'll still be using my bluetooth headphones and using it for bluetooth in the car as well so I'm not worried about a worn down headphone jack.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]