android
Old 03-05-2014, 03:41 AM

Default Cant Uninstall Rockbox Using Android

So i installed rockbox on my clip zip but now i cant uninstall it (dont like) and i hav no access to a computer im on an android phone cricket zte groove is there any way to uninstall rockbox when i power on clip zip it says loading firmware file not found its annoying to have to press power and the other button everytime i wanna use it i already tried installing the firmware for the clip zip to an sd card (no luck) and then rockbox firmware but it has to be on the internal storage and i hav no access to a computer whatsoever plz any suggestions would be appreciated thnx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

The only way I can think to do what you need is to borrow a PC of some type for a few minutes. As you've seen the only way to have the firmware update is to have the unpatched firmware on the internal memory. I can't think of any way to get it there except by using a PC.

It's unfortunate that you deleted the .rockbox folder first. If Rockbox was still working you could have used that to move the firmware file from the external memory to begin the uninstallation.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

A local library with public PCs is a good thing.