android
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 AM

Unhappy 'Home' button doesn't work - Sansa clip+

Any ideas what could be wrong with the home button. Doesn't seem to work at all, a right pain without it. Everything else is fine.
Using Rockbox 3.13 firmware, has been working fine for many months.
Though I did give it to someone to repair the headphone jack recently, I'm wondering if they might have screwed up the home button.

Alternatively I'm wondering if it might be a case that I might have disabled the home button in the options somehow? If that's even possible.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-11-2014, 01:45 AM

you had it repaired?? HOW long ago? Might ask if they can go in and CHECK, to see if they caused the problem.. Other wise..(I have not opened mine) Its a basic contact.(not a switch) There SHOULD he a chance that all you need do is use a rubber eraser on the contacts.. Many cases have a good seal, and when opened..Can tarnish the contacts. time is the worse enemy. but open case lets moisture and dust into the unit. IF' its a bubble switch, and the repair person hit it wrong..it could of collapsed, or broken the plastic on top..ASK them to open it infront of you. You want to see the CONTACT.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the reply ECA, but looks like i got myself in a bigger mess now.

First problem is that I had it repaired at a shop working away from home. For what this player is worth, its not worth taking back.

Second problem is I decided to take this thing apart without care and ripped the red (live?) wire from the board, so I need to solder that back on to power it back on again haha.

Ohhh lots of fun! :d