android
Old 05-15-2014, 10:44 AM

Default The 'My Files' app not optimal.

Anyone ever notice that, in the My Files app, if you have it set to list by time, it puts the "external_SD" - their name for your SD-card (another annoying issue itself) - folder at the bottom of the list, even if it's been updated recently. If I update a file that's not in a folder, it moves it to the top of the list. I find scrolling all the way to the bottom of the list annoying, when the folder should really be at the top of the list. Is there any way to make it list more optimally?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Administrator

One thing you may be running into is the date created the My Files app is seeing. I've noticed some android directories are dated in a way so they don't sort the way you'd expect.

I don't remember if that's the case across the board or just if you use a custom rom. Mine has been rooted for some time now so I can't say for sure anymore.

Among the first things I noticed when I got my SGP 4.0 was silly little inconveniences like that. I couldn't find any way to effectively change them using the native apps so found others that suited my needs better on the play store.

Have you tried another file manager app? There's free ones that should let you sort the folders the way you want. I've been using ES Explorer and it lets me pretty much arrange things the way I want. I've recently heard some good things about the free version of Total Commander so I'm going to give that a try out fairly soon.

After all it's Android. Part of it's power is that you're not stuck with what the maker gives you. There's tons of developers out there that believe they can do what you need better. I'd give it a shot.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
After all it's Android. Part of it's power is that you're not stuck with what the maker gives you. There's tons of developers out there that believe they can do what you need better. I'd give it a shot.
Seconded. I've used Androzip on my Android devices for as long as I can remember. It's free and feature-packed. ^_^