android
Old 07-14-2014, 05:06 PM

Default Who actually owns the Galaxy Player 5.8 (Korean model)?

Hello everybody. First off, I would like to introduce myself to the ABI board (because I can't find an "introduce yourself" thread). I joined ABI because I am quite the audiophile. And I love to experiment with rock music and video game music. And best of all, I hate Apple products with a passion.

Previously my last "mp3 player" was the godforsaken 4th gen iPod Touch (64GB). I got it right before the 5th gen series was released (Aug.2012). In December 2013, someone at my school had the audacity to steal it from me while it was charging on my school-issued MacBook. My fault, but Apple products are garbage, you can't do much with them and there is no FM radio on the iTouches. Apple = NEVER AGAIN!!

I've spent a lot of time looking for the perfect PMP for audiophiles, something that can do a little bit of everything. I don't really nitpick at video quality that much though. But I'm looking between the Cowon Z2 and the Samsung Galaxy Player "5.8" model. This 5.8 model was only released in Korea during late 2012, so a little outdated. But if any of you owned it, I've got questions concerning the device. Can you change the language to English? I'm from 'murica and only know 'murican language. :P Does its stock music player have a good equalizer? I don't really much enjoy substandard music and like to have a little treble and bass tweaked. And how is the FM radio? Sometimes when I get bored of listening to my library, I like to listen to the radio once in a while and turn it to the rock music station in my area (93.3 "The Planet"). I also like the way the battery capacity looks (2500mAh). I have heard on this board that a specific 64GB microSD card works on this thing. Will have to read that board more.

I'm not a "hardcore" gamer when it comes to these devices but I like to take a little old-school games with me on the road using a Bluetooth game controller. Strictly I just want to play Capcom CPS-2 arcade games, which really don't require much processing power. I'm sure a Bluetooth controller will work with this thing.

But I was just wondering if the SGP 5.8 is a good all-around device for those sorts of things. Even if a little old (2 years).

Any help appreciated!

- Paul

Last edited by Just Saiyan Paul; 07-14-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]