android
Old 01-19-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Replacement for H120 (recording)

My H120 died on me (harddisk failure). Is there any new iRiver player that has line input?
Thanks,
Chuck

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 AM

The only (slightly) newer one is the h320, which is basically your h120 with a color screen. Your best bet is to check out some of the daps from Cowon, I believe the x5 has line in.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 01-19-2007, 12:03 PM

okay, I hoped I overlooked something. H340 is as old as my H120 - I wish there was something newer.
I might try to shop around for H340, X5 or I'll get a small one from Creative - they have 1GB flash players with a line input.
Thanks for you reply!

Old 01-19-2007, 01:52 PM

NP. It's a bummer iriver hasn't paid much attention to the hard drive market recently... we've been waiting forever

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 01-20-2007, 06:27 AM

I have a H320 for sale on misticriver/head-fi if your interested.
I don't know if I can post direct links but its there all the same.

It doesn't have the optical input of the H1xx, but still all the same recording, line-in, etc (the H1xx and H3xx are essentially the same hardware apart from a few bits like the screen).

Old 02-07-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
NP. It's a bummer iriver hasn't paid much attention to the hard drive market recently... we've been waiting forever
So true. I had a 120 and a 320. My 320’s battery keeps dying after about 1 minute of use so it's replacement time. I looked at Iriver but it appears that they’ve abandoned the Hard-Drive MP3 market all together. I purchased the Cowon X5 but I returned it because of its tiny screen. Is it just Iriver? Cowon’s X5 has been out since 05, the Creative Zen is over a year old a no updates are in sight (from what I can see) What other choices are there for a bloke who wants a HD based mp3 player? Looks like I’ll get the creative. The Toshiba is limited, the Ipod sucks, and the Cowon is old-school.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6D617474 View Post
I have a H320 for sale on misticriver/head-fi if your interested.
I don't know if I can post direct links but its there all the same.

It doesn't have the optical input of the H1xx, but still all the same recording, line-in, etc (the H1xx and H3xx are essentially the same hardware apart from a few bits like the screen).
Thanks man, I got old Jukebox 3 with line input, 2nd hand, already. It records to wave @ 16 bit/48kHz.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:27 PM

There is nothing out there like the H120 in terms of recording flexibility (optical in and so on). When my H120's battery started to fail, I replaced the internal battery with a larger 1800mah battery. When the RTC mod was published, I modded my H120 to have a real-time clock when used with a custom Rockbox version. With Rockbox the H120 is an amazing recorder/player.

I had considered the H3xx series but those have unreadable screens when the backlight goes off.

After three and a half years, my H120 is still going strong. If the hard drive fails, I plan to replace the drive with a 30gb drive.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:34 PM

Default replace ihp 120 for input method

I am looking to replace an IHP 120 for the input method. (Drag & Drop from windows.)

I like the fact that I don't need any software to put mp3 files on the disk, + I need to use the unit as a portable hard disk. I tried putting a new HD in mine when it looked like the HD crashed, but I think the controller is shot & it's time for a replacement.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for mp3 & portable HD + FM no need for any silly DRM & ogg would be nice. (Burnt a bunch of CD's...)

Old 04-10-2007, 06:37 PM

The X5 is much better in almost every aspect than the H300. Here's the review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...-x5-review.php

Of course both don't have the digital-in the H100 had...

Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The X5 is much better in almost every aspect than the H300. Here's the review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...-x5-review.php

Of course both don't have the digital-in the H100 had...
I returned my X5. Reason? Super Small screen. TheX5's screen is smaller than and not as good as the Iriver's H3xxx screen. If you already have an H3xxx, then purchasing a X5 would be a waste? Needless to say I never felt the need to return my Iriver H3xxx. The Zen vision M: is a better choice than the X5 IMO

Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 AM

The original poster wanted it for it's recording features, not for watching videos... the X5's screen is fine for everything audio-related. All the info is there, at a glance.

Both the X5 and H300 are crap for video, but everybody knows that. X5 is 160x128@15fps, H300 is 220x165@10fps...