android
Old 01-20-2007, 09:01 PM

Default downloading and charging?

ok...i jsut bought the zen v plus 4 gig and now im protecting it like its my life....anyway...i was wondering if your can format/download firmware on the mp3 while its chargin, and will it damage it it

o..and should i leave the mp3 on while it charge or should i leave it off

should i download firmware to the computer or is there a option of downloading onto the zen v plus

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.w007 View Post
ok...i jsut bought the zen v plus 4 gig and now im protecting it like its my life....anyway...i was wondering if your can format/download firmware on the mp3 while its chargin, and will it damage it it

o..and should i leave the mp3 on while it charge or should i leave it off

should i download firmware to the computer or is there a option of downloading onto the zen v plus
1. Technically speaking, you can only install firmware on the thing while it's charging, since it charges off the USB port of your computer when you plug it in; so, no, updating firmware while charging will not harm your player.

2. Leave it on, or turn it off. Your choice. Turning it off would result in faster charges, however.

3. Download the firmware file to your computer. The downloaded file in and of itself is NOT the firmware, but is an executable program that contains the firmware. You must execute it from the computer while your player is docked.