android
Old 01-26-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Screen cover question

I just picked up the ZVM 30GB today, and was just messing around with it and noticed that the screen was slightly raised. Is this a plastic protector that can come off, or just the actual screen. I did not want to pick at it too much if I was going to do damage. Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2007, 12:44 AM

It is a protector and it comes off.

look at the first video here:
http://www.bunchafreaks.com/zen/BSE.html

Old 01-26-2007, 12:51 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply. It really seems like mine is on there really well. Is it at all common to have trouble like I am having? I think I am also worried about scratching the black body as well which contributes to my cautiousness.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:20 AM

There is a thread here somewhere about someone who said that their protector was really hard to remove, this person pulled it back about 1mm and gave up!

Old 01-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Ya thats why most peaple on here just leave the stock screen protector on.. Even when they aplie the full body skin as well...

Old 01-26-2007, 11:35 AM

I was able to remove the screen protector from my 30GB ZVM without any problem. However, when I first tried to take it off I thought it was glued on and left it on there until I got a BSE. When I got the BSE I went for broke and pulled it off. I'm not sure how that screen protector adheres to the ZVM but it did come off and did not leave any residue on the ZVM.

Now that I just watched the video in jmkeuning's post I would have to say my experience taking off the screen protector was exactly the same. The protector didn't want to come off without a fight but it wasn't that hard and did not scratch the ZVM.

Just don't take it off until you are ready to put a IS or BSE on it.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:22 PM

I took the original skin off the screen before applying my BSE. It wasn't too hard, took 30 seconds, and didn't leave any residue. After my BSE was on for a couple days I noticed a small bubble under it. I tried to rub the bubble to the edge, and rubbed harder, a little harder... and I think I actually stretched the BSE slightly, because I ended up with a bubble much larger than when I started. I waited a couple days to see if it would go away, but no such luck. Fortunately, I had ordered 2 BSEs, just for a backup, so I removed the BSE. It was about twice as difficult to remove the BSE than the original protector but again, not all that hard. The new BSE has been on about 4 days now, and looks better and better every day. There were several pin hole size air bubbles, and they're completely gone. One slightly larger bubble has shrunk considerably, and I'm hoping it will be completely gone in a few more days.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

its easier to take it out of the right side. have you tried that? pick at it, get a good grip, and pull. try not to scratch the screen with the plastic if it flickers off your grip.

but before taking it off, make sure you've got some kind of skin to protect it.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:49 PM

I'm just leaving mine on! I can't imagine a better screen protector than the one that's on there! No?

Old 02-02-2007, 01:19 AM

When I had my ZVM, I was annoyed by the same bubble that apparently bothers you.

Having learned how easily the ZVM scratches, I dared not pick at the screen protector to lift it. So instead, I tried to puncture the cover with a small pin, the same way one would do with wallpaper to smooth out the bubbles.

No way. The screen protector was tough, which is a good thing.

Despairing all, I started to pick at it. I'm right-handed, so I started at the upper right corner.

What a relief-- it came up with no problem, I smoothed out the bubble and re-affixed the protector. Of course, now (but only on the brightest scenes) I could see my feeble attempts at pin-pricking.

There's still a tiny side bit where the bubble won't entirely smooth out, but I assume that's just Creative's gift to the OCD types. I'm not among them (though I would rather that the ZVM's scratchability factor was a littlle lower.)

Anyway, just peel it off, smooth it out, and put the protector back. I found the ZVM to be fairly sturdy, actually. Didn't survive my hammer, though.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth View Post
Anyway, just peel it off, smooth it out, and put the protector back. I found the ZVM to be fairly sturdy, actually. Didn't survive my hammer, though.
LMAO! you smashed the thing with a mother-lovin' hammer!? THATS AWESOME! what did it do!?

Old 02-02-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
LMAO! you smashed the thing with a mother-lovin' hammer!? THATS AWESOME! what did it do!?
any pictures?