android
Old 05-03-2014, 03:26 AM

Default What are your favourite band of all time ?

For now are, in not particular order:
Led Zeppelin
Scorpions
AC/DC
Judas Priest without Tim Owens
Black Sabbath with Ozzy Osbourne
Steve Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
Iron Maiden without Blaze Bayley
W.A.S.P.
Dire Straits
U2
Guns N' Roses
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Jimi Hendrix
Metallica
Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett.

Last edited by RockMan93; 05-13-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-03-2014, 04:25 AM

It changes, you know..what I like today may not be my all-time favourites tomorrow.

The Jayhawks
Joy Division/New Order
The Smiths
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Television
The Clash
Big Star
REM
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
The Band

Old 08-05-2014, 08:08 AM

Radiohead
Blur
Pink Floyd
Pulp
Beatles

Old 08-05-2014, 08:56 AM

The Beatles will always be my number one. They have (by far) the most quality-control of any rock band. There are probably less than five Beatles songs (out of over 200) that I don't like, and even those have something to offer. "The Beatles" aka "The White Album" is my favorite double album (and my second favorite album of all time) and is the most interesting and brilliant album I know.
The Moody Blues was my first band. Back in high school I was a Moody Blues obsessive fan. "To Our Children's Children's Children" is still my favorite album of all time.
The Who are my favorite live band. "Live at Leeds"/"Live at Hull"/"Live at the Isle of Wight" are all essential, and are all my co-top live albums.
Genesis, mainly the Peter Gabriel albums, are my favorite progressive rock band (and I'm a fairly big prog-rock fan). They just had a knack for creating this believable fantasy world, inhabited by Peter Gabriel's crazy characters. "Supper's Ready" is my favorite song by any band. "Foxtrot" is my favorite prog album.
Those are probably my top four bands.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:57 AM

I would add Jethro Tull to my list of a few months ago..I've been listening to them endlessly for weeks now.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeven View Post
I would add Jethro Tull to my list of a few months ago..I've been listening to them endlessly for weeks now.
Jethro Tull is awesome. Thick as a Brick, Aqualung, and Heavy Horses are my favorites by them. Stand Up is great also, but in a totally different way (i.e. straight up rock album akin to Cream).

Old 08-05-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningistheday View Post
Jethro Tull is awesome. Thick as a Brick, Aqualung, and Heavy Horses are my favorites by them. Stand Up is great also, but in a totally different way (i.e. straight up rock album akin to Cream).
I'm addicted to Heavy Horses - I like a lot of Tull, Aqualung, Stand Up, Thick as a Brick, Minstrel in the Gallery etc. but I particularly like the period which was Songs From The Wood - Heavy Horses - Stormwatch.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeven View Post
I'm addicted to Heavy Horses - I like a lot of Tull, Aqualung, Stand Up, Thick as a Brick, Minstrel in the Gallery etc. but I particularly like the period which was Songs From The Wood - Heavy Horses - Stormwatch.
Yes, that's a good stretch. I love, LOVE the song "Heavy Horses". It's one of my favorite Tull moments. The lyrics are wonderful too.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's a good stretch. I love, LOVE the song "Heavy Horses". It's one of my favorite Tull moments. The lyrics are wonderful too.
It's a great song for sure..I rate Moths as perhaps my favourite Tull song - quite short but beautiful.

Incidentally, dawningistheday, where should I start with Genesis? I don't like the Phil Collins stuff, but haven't heard a lot else.

Last edited by Jeven; 08-05-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
The Beatles will always be my number one. They have (by far) the most quality-control of any rock band. There are probably less than five Beatles songs (out of over 200) that I don't like, and even those have something to offer. "The Beatles" aka "The White Album" is my favorite double album (and my second favorite album of all time) and is the most interesting and brilliant album I know.
The Moody Blues was my first band. Back in high school I was a Moody Blues obsessive fan. "To Our Children's Children's Children" is still my favorite album of all time.
The Who are my favorite live band. "Live at Leeds"/"Live at Hull"/"Live at the Isle of Wight" are all essential, and are all my co-top live albums.
Genesis, mainly the Peter Gabriel albums, are my favorite progressive rock band (and I'm a fairly big prog-rock fan). They just had a knack for creating this believable fantasy world, inhabited by Peter Gabriel's crazy characters. "Supper's Ready" is my favorite song by any band. "Foxtrot" is my favorite prog album.
Those are probably my top four bands.
Your choices hit home with me.

My #1 The Beatles
My #2 The Moody Blues