android
Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Taking Pictures of your ZVM

Well I just put my BSE on and was trying to take some before and after pics. I have an older 3.1 mp camera that I normally take great shots with. I have taken shots of bees on a flower and saw lots of detail. I have taken shots of my tv and got the pixels before. But I can not take a great shot of my ZVM. So I am asking everyone that has taken great pics of yours how did you do it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrddrv View Post
Well I just put my BSE on and was trying to take some before and after pics. I have an older 3.1 mp camera that I normally take great shots with. I have taken shots of bees on a flower and saw lots of detail. I have taken shots of my tv and got the pixels before. But I can not take a great shot of my ZVM. So I am asking everyone that has taken great pics of yours how did you do it?
A good tip is to stand a bit further back and use the zoom to get the ZVM in the centre of the screen. This is useful for eliminating flash glare, where the flash reflects off the screen.

I have a Canon A410 camera, and this technique generally works

Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenFan View Post
A good tip is to stand a bit further back and use the zoom to get the ZVM in the centre of the screen. This is useful for eliminating flash glare, where the flash reflects off the screen.

I have a Canon A410 camera, and this technique generally works
actually, I'd strongly advise against using the built-in flash of your camera: it'll be too harsh for such close-ups, and the reflection would glare out the picture. Also, since this is a picture of a device with a LCD, you'll probably want to show off the great GUI that the ZVM has. The glare from your flash will ruin that.

Try to use the external light sources around you in the room you're in. The best option is to take the pictures during the daytime, and using daylight, since it'll be brighter light than anything you'll find in a lamp.

Hopefully your cam has a macro mode, because using the zoom is also not advisable for the clearest shots. Most digi-cams have macro mode options. It'll show as a button with a flower symbol:
I'd advise using the macro mode, and using a tripod to avoid shakes that will blur your picture. Set your white balance appropriately (this is a common problem I see with most pictures of electronics): you can use the auto-white balance setting if you like (using a sheet of paper or similar to use as a reference), or use the Tungston Setting, if your camera has that.

I would suggest as low a ISO setting as possible. I use ISO 50 often, but certainly no higher than ISO 100. Set your camera to the highest resolution as possible (such as Super Fine), to get great detail. Use your LCD display rather than your viewfinder to center your object, because for such close-up shots the viewfinder will be off-center.

Press your shutter button halfway first to lock the focus, then take your shot. Good luck. I haven't even gotten into aperture settings (f-stops) or shutter speeds.....

Old 02-04-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I'd advise using the macro mode, and using a tripod to avoid shakes that will blur your picture.
Other than the flash glare, this was cure many of the problems. Digital cameras have wacky auto-focus.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

i also wouldn't advise backing up and zooming in because if you're holding the camera, it will turn out really shaky.

just get close, use macro, and use sunlight. if you have to use flash, wrap something over the light that will fade the flash a bit because its too strong.

but, i get what you're saying about the difficultness of taking a picture of the zvm because i wanted to take before and after shots too but i could never get the detail of it .