android
Old 01-27-2007, 03:05 PM

I found out something cool, I'm not sure whether anyone else has noticed it but while you're fast-fowarding a movie, if you put the player into hold, let go of the right arrow, then take the player off hold, it'll keep fast-forwarding until you press the right arrow again. Can be kind of useful since you often have to fast-forward for quite a while.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2007, 03:44 AM

Default which player?

I'm currently debating between getting one of these two video mp3 players:

1. iRiver Clix 4GB

2. Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB

anyone have any suggestions/comments? I love both of these players but I really have no idea which one I'd rather have.

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshenoy View Post
I'm currently debating between getting one of these two video mp3 players:

1. iRiver Clix 4GB

2. Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB

anyone have any suggestions/comments? I love both of these players but I really have no idea which one I'd rather have.

Thanks.
For video? The zen no contest. At this point the clix only plays video at 15fps and of course not much storage. In a couple months iriver will release the clix2 which will be available as an 8gig, and they all will play video at the full 30fps.

Still though, the zen screen is bigger and I think the extra storage is good.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Save Your Place in Audiobooks

I use the ZVM primarily for listening to audiobooks.

I've found that if you turn off the ZVM while it's playing a file, when you turn it on, it will resume from that point.

As opposed to first pausing, then turn-off. If you do this (pause, turn-off), and let it sit for 3+hours, it will resume at the beginning of the file.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:19 AM

First post here. Got my ZVM 30 GB yesterday based on all of the review and comments across the board. Just want to add one tip; you can access the "now playing" list by tapping 2 times the vertical scroll bar from the "now playing" screen.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:22 AM

Great tip, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
while you're fast-fowarding a movie, if you put the player into hold, let go of the right arrow, then take the player off hold, it'll keep fast-forwarding until you press the right arrow again.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:04 PM

Is there any way to hide or remove the "Purchase This" option? It's damn annoying seeing that when I look at the menu while playing a song I ripped from one of my CDs. -_-

Old 02-17-2007, 04:48 AM

if you go into your player via the my computer icon and access it a a device you can then cut and paste within the player itself

Old 03-10-2007, 01:46 AM

I hope no one else has already said these, if so, im sorry for repeating.

The PSP (PlayStation Portable) wall AC Adapter is compatable with the Zen Vision: M... Proof? Look on the sync adapter. See how it says DC In 5v?.. now look on your PSP charger. it will say A/C ADAPTER to 5v.... Its a match. and it charges your zen in 2.5-3 hours.

this one may seem obvious and a stupid trick. but man it took me so long to find out. I know how you could add/remove things from the Main Menu.. but how do you change the order? go to the main menu. press the context butten (the bottom right) and then select change order.... kinda cool.. kinda lame.

This one is kinda one of those "Ok....." things but... look at the original box from teh Zen Vision: M.. or go to the official creative website and look at this picture http://images.creative.com/iss/image...envisionm6.jpg

on the top bar, it says "MENU" in all caps. as does it on the original box... but on the actual device. it says it "Menu" ok i know. stupid.. but why would creative do that? is that like their prototype? i have no idea

Old 03-11-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspring View Post
on the top bar, it says "MENU" in all caps. as does it on the original box... but on the actual device. it says it "Menu" ok i know. stupid.. but why would creative do that? is that like their prototype? i have no idea
Also, in the picture there's a funny ridge between the top-left and bottom-left buttons which I don't have on my one.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:06 PM

that ridge is on the right side too. I've got them on mine. I saw something about those ridges in another thread about BSE application. Kind of an odd thing to add on. wonder what the deal was...extra support for the button face? don't know.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM

For audiobook listeners, use mp3bookresizer freeware to join your audiobooks into 1 big file making bookmarking easier.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=11218

Old 03-13-2007, 09:45 PM

dunno if it has been asked before, but, with my Sansa e270 when in MTP mode, I can still browse by folders going to My PC and opening the player's icon and I can copy, rename, drag and drop so I don't have to use any other software (something I hate)... could I do that with ZVM too?

Old 03-13-2007, 11:07 PM

yep you can

Old 03-17-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axraupp View Post
I use the ZVM primarily for listening to audiobooks.

I've found that if you turn off the ZVM while it's playing a file, when you turn it on, it will resume from that point.

As opposed to first pausing, then turn-off. If you do this (pause, turn-off), and let it sit for 3+hours, it will resume at the beginning of the file.
Even if you do what your saying, if you leave it off overnight, it will no longer keep your place in the track. It seems the player will only save your spot for so many hours before it forgets it, no matter which way you cut it off. At least that is the case with mine.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
does anyone know if its possible with a ZVM to have it charging via USB and be able to interact with it ie. play music, watch movies?
I saw this post but the suggestions others provided didn't work for me. Something was still engaging my ZVM. Then I saw a post in another thread on how to charge with the screen off. The same trick will allow you to use the ZVM while it's charging thru the USB.

Go to the Device Manager (My Computer, click view system information, Hardware Tab, then Device Manager). Go to Portable Devices, right click MTP Device and disable it. You may have to unplug your ZVM and replug it after that. Now the "docked" icon should be gone and you can use the ZVM while it's charging. (Just remember to enable the MTP Device again if you want to transfer files.)

Old 03-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks I'm sure that will help someone
I have the wall charger now, so I don't have to worry about that any more.

My preferred video/audio converter, DVD ripper: Media Coder

Players I own: Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB, Net MD MZ-S1

Old 03-25-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Bookmarks & Audiobooks

If you listen to audiobooks and use the bookmarking feature to hold your place, you'll soon notice that it's not a great feature. This is because when you go back and choose the bookmark, the file will play to the end then stop.

Use the bookmark feature to find your place: filenumber and location.

Go back to the list of all the files, choose the correct one and FF to the location. From there, the consecutive files will play.

In fact, I create a playlist for the audiobook which includes all the files of the book. Then it's faster & easier to select the correct file.

-Alex

Old 04-03-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I found out something cool, I'm not sure whether anyone else has noticed it but while you're fast-fowarding a movie, if you put the player into hold, let go of the right arrow, then take the player off hold, it'll keep fast-forwarding until you press the right arrow again. Can be kind of useful since you often have to fast-forward for quite a while.
This also works in Music!

Sony MDR-E829V & Sennheiser HD202!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Also, in the picture there's a funny ridge between the top-left and bottom-left buttons which I don't have on my one.
it ain't so with the white version.