android
Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
I found out something cool, I'm not sure whether anyone else has noticed it but while you're fast-fowarding a movie, if you put the player into hold, let go of the right arrow, then take the player off hold, it'll keep fast-forwarding until you press the right arrow again. Can be kind of useful since you often have to fast-forward for quite a while.
I found something similar the other night while trying to fast-forward a movie.

Pause the movie, and click the left or right arrow button once to hop 15 seconds in either direction.

Don't need to hold down the button. Just press pause (>||), then push the desired arrow button and let go. The vid will hop about 15 seconds in the direction you indicated.

No more holding down the arrow buttons to FF and rewind short distances.

(I'm too lazy to read this whole thread to see if somebody's mentioned this, but kudos if so. )
Creative ZVM 30GB #1 electrocuted
Creative ZVM 30GB #2
SanDisk Sansa m240 1GB
Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-14-2007, 12:31 AM

I use WMP11 to sync music to my zen and and a lot of the music on my computer does not have album info. Is there anyway to get the blank album info to read "unknown" or "view all tracks" instead of having to go through the side menu on my zen?

Old 04-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You can change the album info on the songs that have nothing for an album to "Unknown"
When in WMP11 sort your music by album and all the un-tagged songs will be grouped together, highlight them and right click Advanced Tag Editor and change the album to Unkown

My preferred video/audio converter, DVD ripper: Media Coder

Players I own: Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB, Net MD MZ-S1

Old 04-16-2007, 10:41 AM

Post ZVM and Xbox 360

Obviously, this tip is only viable to those who own Xbox 360's along with your ZVM, but here goes:

(No Software or Drivers Necessary)

If you don't have a wall charger and would like to charge your ZVM without the unit being "docked and locked" you can use the USB controller ports on the Xbox 360 as an alternative charging location. This will work whether the Xbox is turned on or off (see NOTE below). The power brick on the Xbox is always in stand-by when plugged in, so if you plug your USB dongle into one of the Xbox USB controller ports in the front and then connect your ZVM, it will immediately begin charging and does not dock to the Xbox. Works great as an overnight charger!

NOTE: If you connect the ZVM while using the Xbox (playing games, etc.), then it will dock with the Xbox, but it does not interfere with gameplay at all... and as a bonus, you can use the ZVM to play your music as background music for your games!

--Mage

Old 04-16-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krondors Mage View Post
you can use the USB controller ports on the Xbox 360 as an alternative charging location
That's really cool, cheers for that. Wonder if it works with the USB ports on a PS2 as well.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
That's really cool, cheers for that. Wonder if it works with the USB ports on a PS2 as well.
I'm not sure.. I had completely forgotten about the PS2 having USB connections. I'll have to try it later, but my initial guess is that it probably won't work with the PS2 because of a lack of Microsoft Media software... since the 360 comes equipped with so many multimedia applications that are PC compatible the ZVM is actually recognized by the 360 when you turn it on.

I'll try the PS2 later and post back the results

UPDATE:

Okay, so I experimented with the PS2 and here's what I found....

1. The ZVM will charge with the PS2, but the PS2 must be completely turned on for the charging to take place. This gives the Xbox an advantage because the Xbox does not need to be turned on, only the power brick must be plugged into the wall socket.

2. The PS2 (as expected) does not dock in any situation because of a lack of multimedia applications on the system itself.

So, the bottom line is, if you're like me and have a PS2 sitting right next to an Xbox 360, you're better off using the 360 with the ZVM. Also, if you're looking for an overnight charging station, the 360 wins hands down because I wouldn't recommend leaving a PS2 on all night with it's general overheating issues, especially on the new slim models like mine.

--Mage

Last edited by Krondors Mage; 04-16-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:46 PM

PS2 most definately works cos it provides power through USB-that's all you need to charge it.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saminthehat View Post
PS2 most definately works cos it provides power through USB-that's all you need to charge it.
Yep, as shown in my last update it does charge. The big difference maker for me is that the 360 can charge without being turned on, whereas the PS2 must be turned on in order to start the charging process.

--Mage

Old 04-16-2007, 04:54 PM

Plus you can stream all your media off the Zen and play it during games.
I still adore that feature. Oh yeah and you can charge it through the Wii as well, while it's off too.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Plus you can stream all your media off the Zen and play it during games.
I still adore that feature. Oh yeah and you can charge it through the Wii as well, while it's off too.
It's great that game systems are integrating more peripherals into their usage. I can remember when just trying to hook up an old atari system to a TV without an RF jack was a pain in the butt. You gotta love new technology!

On a side note, I agree with you on the streaming audio for gameplay.. I do a lot of sports gaming, but I don't like rap music and it seems that every football, basketball, boxing, etc is crammed full of rap music and nothing else... I understand why, but come on.. since when is a little variety a bad thing.. not every one likes the same music, but a good percentage of gamers love sports.

Sorry -- beginning to rant

--Mage

Old 04-17-2007, 12:11 PM

Yeah what you do is make your own playlists. Like a driving list with upbeat dance and hardcore rock.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah what you do is make your own playlists. Like a driving list with upbeat dance and hardcore rock.
I particularly enjoy having a playlist for Fight Night Round 3... I don't know if you've played that one, but there is no music during the fight, so adding a playlist while boxing really ramps up the adrenaline factor.

--Mage

Old 04-19-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Screen Imploded

My screen imploded from the inside a few weeks ago and I can't afford to fix/replace it at this time. I have kind of figured out how to roam through the keys without seeing to get to my playlists. Problem is I hit the lower right key that looks like an E and now its stuck on random and I can't remember how the option key "looks" when trying to get it back to normal play mode. Can you give me a key by key instruction so I can get it back to play normal not shuffle? I'd greatly appreciate it. Or if someone has screen images of each screen so I can see how to change the play mode. Thank you for any and all assistance.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:27 PM

Sorry your screen imploded, but do you really mean that it imploded? I know that someone else on this board had a screen actually break on the inside, and Creative replaced it. Read this thread: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=12531

Okay, when you're playing a song, and hit the context button (the one that looks like an E), this is what pops up:

Seek To
Set Bookmark
----------------
View Details
Lookup Artist
Remove...
Save As Playlist
Play Mode
Purchase This
----------------
Volume

When you click on "Play Mode", this is the next screen:

Normal
Repeat Track
Repeat All
Shuffle
Shuffle Repeat
Track Once
Creative ZVM 30GB #1 electrocuted
Creative ZVM 30GB #2
SanDisk Sansa m240 1GB
Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB

Old 04-27-2007, 09:04 PM

Pardon me folks, but, I'm trying to record FM radio, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. It's the 60GB model.

Anyway, here's my tip:

For those CD's that don't have a thumbnail of the CD's cover that come up when you play on the Zen, here's a solution so you can have the album cover on every full CD you have on it...

For example... I put "Pretty Hate Machine" by NIN on my Zen. No thumbnail of the CD's cover... bummer.

Not to worry!!!

Find a jpeg of the CD's cover (go to amazon.com, or simply google artist and album name), and save it to your computer. Then, put that picture/jpeg in the folder where your music is (I put my PHM cover pic in the "Pretty Hate Machine" folder, and NAME THE PICTURE "Folder"...

Now, open up your media center, and REPLACE ONE SONG, ANY SONG, from the folder with the music to your Zen, and also, add the picture...

Again, example:

I open up Zen Series Media Explorer... I go to the folder with the .mp3's of the album I want to give a thumbnail view to...

As stated previously, I went to Amazon.com/Google, and found a picture/jpeg of the CD cover... and I saved it to that same folder with the .mp3's, naming the jpeg "Folder".

Then, I select any given song from the folder, and "add" it, along with the jpeg called "Folder" to the Zen, like this...

Notice that you can see the CD's cover, as it's named "Folder", in the preview pain of the Explorer window.
You will then see this...

Finally, after you hit "next" (to import from your pc to your Zen), you'll be prompted with a screen asking you if you want to SKIP adding that song (because it's already in the collection), or REPLACE the .mp3 - select REPLACE... otherwise, this will not work.

Now, unplug your Zen from the USB connection, and check out the new thumbnail for your album!!!

- The 'Viz

Oh yeah, by the way... any pic you put on your ZEN will show up in your PICTURES folder, inside that folder as a folder (with a pic inside). You can delete these pics/folders, and the thumb will remain!!!

SORRY IF OLD OR REDUNDANTLY STUPID... I FIGURED THIS OUT ON MY OWN, SO IF THIS IS YESTERDAY'S NEWS... MY BAD

Last edited by The Dizzy Vizzy; 04-27-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjovi View Post
after comparing the voltage sizes on my zvm i found that it is identical to the sony psp. so i saved myself som money and use the psp charger to charge my zvm. before you try it though make sure its the same with yours so it deosnt ruin anything.
WHOA!!!

Old 04-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dizzy Vizzy View Post
Pardon me folks, but, I'm trying to record FM radio, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. It's the 60GB model.
The 60GB version does not have FM recording capability. Thank the RIAA for that one.

ETA: Please go easy on the font sizes.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krondors Mage View Post
The ZVM will charge with the PS2
Cheers for finding out, when I get my PS2 setup again (it's still in a box from when I moved) I'll be using this feature!

Old 05-02-2007, 05:07 PM

re: Album Art:
If using WMP11, you simply have to locate album art (like Vizzy Dizzy suggests - Google, Amazon, etc.)...but instead of ALL those steps, simply right click, copy then, paste in/on album icon in album view of Library on WMP11.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:29 AM

I want some information on file order saved in the albums.

I copied the whole album with the songs in correct order, but on my player the album shows songs in random order and so does not play it in sequence. Can someone please help me with this. Thanks