android
Old 05-03-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridul View Post
I want some information on file order saved in the albums.

I copied the whole album with the songs in correct order, but on my player the album shows songs in random order and so does not play it in sequence. Can someone please help me with this. Thanks

When playing songs from an album, the tracks are ordered by track number stored in the ID3 tag. Make sure your tracks are stored as 2 digits in the ID3 tags (like 01 instead of 1), otherwise the order (possibly what you're seeing) would be 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 2, 3, 4, etc...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-06-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:

I copied the whole album with the songs in correct order, but on my player the album shows songs in random order and so does not play it in sequence. Can someone please help me with this. Thanks
Get an .mp3 tag editor... PROBLEM SOLVED.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/M...Tag_Tools.html

Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

Your songs' ID3 tags are missing Track Number information. You will need to get an ID3 Tag editor and add this information.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:00 AM

How can you play all songs of a certain artist from all their albums, preferably on random?

Old 05-08-2007, 06:52 AM

Nevermind, read the FIRST POST. Duh.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:12 AM

hi, anybody here knows how to turn off the screen while recording via microphone?

i've tried the "keylock" but still the screen is still on after a few minutes..

..it would have been very helpful coz i can record my lectures and still save some juice.

thanks, anybdy?

Old 05-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm afraid it's not possible. The ZVM uses the screen to display the level meters during that time, so it won't turn off like that.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:46 PM

This is a HUGELY helpful thread! Thanks so much!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahk View Post
If you refer to the "Docked" icon that shows up as soon as you connect your ZVM to the PC, it's the fault of Creative Media Source Organizer. The "Detector" is turned on by default, but can be switched off to prevent your PC from grabbing the ZVM's attention right away.

Launch Creative Media Source Organizer, on the "Tools" menu select the "Settings" option, then to to the "Detector" tab and uncheck the "Enable Detector" setting. Click OK and exit the Media Source Organizer. Now your ZVM can be attached to the PC without the "Docked" icon coming up right away. The player is still being recharged (as seen by the flashing power icon) but now you can use it as you normally do.

The ZVM will automatically dock itself whenever any application (e.g. Creative Media Explorer, MediaMonkey, Windows Media Player, etc.) tries to access it. When these apps disconnect from the ZVM, the "Docked"
icon will go away, you will see a brief "Updating your player" dialog box on your PC, and the player will go back to its normal state.
I dont know why I am so obsessed w/this cuz Im sure there are more pressing issues like the scroll sensitivity prob but I cannot locate this "detector tab" anywhere. I dont have this Media Source Organizer either. I recently purchased the ZEN and its great so far. I am running Vista. Can someone please point me to this detector tab? thxs a bunch darco

Old 06-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You're not going to find it. Vista mounts and docks your ZVM automatically.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:46 PM

Eveyone seems surprised by this. But USB is a standard and defines a standard voltage going across the pins (5 volts if I remember plus or minus .5v) so any USB adapter (usb 2 not 1.1) should charge your zen. See this link for the pin outs and voltage regs. http://www.hardwarebook.info/Universal_Serial_Bus_(USB) I for instance use the wall adapter usb charger that came with my Blackberry. Works like a charm. Of course I have been proven wrong before...

Just my 2.5 cents
Patrick

quote=The Dizzy Vizzy;111433]WHOA!!! [/quote]

Old 07-14-2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizLit View Post
This is a HUGELY helpful thread! Thanks so much!
I agree!

You should all be hired to write a REAL user manual. It breaks my heart to think that some people somewhere were actually paid to write the little booklet that comes with the mp3 player (or the slightly more detailed but still not that helpful one on the CD).

Old 07-14-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOENIXZERO View Post
Is there any way to hide or remove the "Purchase This" option? It's damn annoying seeing that when I look at the menu while playing a song I ripped from one of my CDs. -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchie View Post
if you go into your player via the my computer icon and access it a a device you can then cut and paste within the player itself
I still don't understand. I tried it and couldn't see any "purchase this" anywhere to get rid of. Can someone please explain how to do this in more detail? And once an option is cut out is it gone for good?

Old 07-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malina View Post
I still don't understand. I tried it and couldn't see any "purchase this" anywhere to get rid of. Can someone please explain how to do this in more detail? And once an option is cut out is it gone for good?
Two separate issues, hon. The "Purchase This" option appears when you press the "options" button (lower right) from the Now Playing screen. It's a pointless feature unless you have a digital music subscription. In such a case (at least in theory), this spawns a purchasing dialog on your computer the next time you sync, so you can buy the song outright. As for how to get rid of this feature - you can't. But I hardly ever even notice it's there.

Cutting and Pasting refer to a method of file management within the ZVM's Explorer interface on your PC. If you have Windows Vista, or if you have Windows XP SP2 with WMP11 installed, you can directly access your ZVM by opening its icon in "My Computer". From there, you can manage your files just like you would with any hard drive.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Oh okay, thank you!

I have another question - a very general question, but since i'm still not familiar with these ID3 tags or this player (haven't put much music on it yet), i don't know yet.

I've put on a few songs where i only have one song from a particular artist. When i browse through "Artists" and click on that artist, i still have to select an Album. Sometimes i have 2 or 3 songs from an artist from 2 or 3 albums. Is there any way to skip this album step, so that i go straight from Artist to all the songs from that artist? Can i do this when i do the id3 tags, like not put an album? I only want to do this with artists where i don't have an entier album. When i have an entire album, i like the album selection step.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dizzy Vizzy View Post
Pardon me folks, but, I'm trying to record FM radio, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. It's the 60GB model.

Anyway, here's my tip:

For those CD's that don't have a thumbnail of the CD's cover that come up when you play on the Zen, here's a solution so you can have the album cover on every full CD you have on it...

For example... I put "Pretty Hate Machine" by NIN on my Zen. No thumbnail of the CD's cover... bummer.

Not to worry!!!

Find a jpeg of the CD's cover (go to amazon.com, or simply google artist and album name), and save it to your computer. Then, put that picture/jpeg in the folder where your music is (I put my PHM cover pic in the "Pretty Hate Machine" folder, and NAME THE PICTURE "Folder"...

Now, open up your media center, and REPLACE ONE SONG, ANY SONG, from the folder with the music to your Zen, and also, add the picture...

Again, example:

I open up Zen Series Media Explorer... I go to the folder with the .mp3's of the album I want to give a thumbnail view to...

As stated previously, I went to Amazon.com/Google, and found a picture/jpeg of the CD cover... and I saved it to that same folder with the .mp3's, naming the jpeg "Folder".

Then, I select any given song from the folder, and "add" it, along with the jpeg called "Folder" to the Zen, like this...

Notice that you can see the CD's cover, as it's named "Folder", in the preview pain of the Explorer window.
You will then see this...

Finally, after you hit "next" (to import from your pc to your Zen), you'll be prompted with a screen asking you if you want to SKIP adding that song (because it's already in the collection), or REPLACE the .mp3 - select REPLACE... otherwise, this will not work.

Now, unplug your Zen from the USB connection, and check out the new thumbnail for your album!!!

- The 'Viz

Oh yeah, by the way... any pic you put on your ZEN will show up in your PICTURES folder, inside that folder as a folder (with a pic inside). You can delete these pics/folders, and the thumb will remain!!!
(i got rid of the pics in this quote cuz they're huge - they're on page 5 if anyone wants to see)

This sounds like great advice, i'll definitely have to try it! But out of curiosity, why do we have to name the picture "folder"?

Old 07-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Oh okay, thank you!

I have another question - a very general question, but since i'm still not familiar with these ID3 tags or this player (haven't put much music on it yet), i don't know yet.

I've put on a few songs where i only have one song from a particular artist. When i browse through "Artists" and click on that artist, i still have to select an Album. Sometimes i have 2 or 3 songs from an artist from 2 or 3 albums. Is there any way to skip this album step, so that i go straight from Artist to all the songs from that artist? Can i do this when i do the id3 tags, like not put an album? I only want to do this with artists where i don't have an entier album. When i have an entire album, i like the album selection step.
Try this: select an artist. It will show the albums. Press the bottom-right button on the player (the "context menu" button) and choose "View Tracks". It will show a list of all tracks by that artist.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
This sounds like great advice, i'll definitely have to try it! But out of curiosity, why do we have to name the picture "folder"?
Be advised this is worst-case scenario. For the most part, as long as your album art is embedded in the music files (it's part of the ID3v2 standard), you've got updated firmware, and your player hasn't been exposed to more than one sync manager, album art should display perfectly fine.

The only time I ever had album art issues was when I was beta-testing WMP11 - and it was album art issues from H-E-double hockey sticks! But that got eventually sorted out by ridding my computer of all the Creative software, cleaning up and reformatting my ZVM, and using nothing other than WMP11 to manage my library. A firmware update came out soon after WMP11 went live that sorted everything out better, and I've never had album art issues anymore.

But, to answer your question: The ZVM has three methods for parsing out album art for display: Preferred method is by using the album art already embedded in the ZVM's database by a sync with WMP. If none exists, then the next preferred method is to extract it from the file's ID3 tag. This is done once per album. If that fails, then the last method is to look for a file named "folder.jpg" within the folder the song is in. However, for that to work, each album must have a folder, and every song you have from that album must be in that album's folder.

Confused yet?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Confused yet?
*blinks* Yes. But only cuz i have a lack of general knowledge in this stuf. But i will learn it, and then i will refer back to your post and i'm sure it'll make sense. Some of it already does. Thank you once again.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Any time, hon.