android
Old 07-15-2007, 06:59 PM

for me it doesnt need id3 tag or whatever.
i just put in the track number by right click -> properties
presto

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malina View Post
Oh okay, thank you!

I have another question - a very general question, but since i'm still not familiar with these ID3 tags or this player (haven't put much music on it yet), i don't know yet.

I've put on a few songs where i only have one song from a particular artist. When i browse through "Artists" and click on that artist, i still have to select an Album. Sometimes i have 2 or 3 songs from an artist from 2 or 3 albums. Is there any way to skip this album step, so that i go straight from Artist to all the songs from that artist? Can i do this when i do the id3 tags, like not put an album? I only want to do this with artists where i don't have an entier album. When i have an entire album, i like the album selection step.
I had the same problem... so, instead of having one or two songs in three different eve 6 albums, I just created a Album called "Random". I just went through my library really quick and took all the tracks that were alone in their respective albums, and just changed their album to Random.

More recently, I wanted to divvy it up a bit, so now I have Random, Soft Rock, Remix, and 80s as "albums" full of one-ders from across my library
of music

Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
I had the same problem... so, instead of having one or two songs in three different eve 6 albums, I just created a Album called "Random". I just went through my library really quick and took all the tracks that were alone in their respective albums, and just changed their album to Random.

More recently, I wanted to divvy it up a bit, so now I have Random, Soft Rock, Remix, and 80s as "albums" full of one-ders from across my library
of music
Cool! Yeah so far i'm leaving the album part blank and in the player it goes into the <unknown> album "unknown". Also someone else mentioned - when you select an artist, instead of hitting the touch pad (which next prompts you to select album), you can just hit "play" and it'll play all the tracks form that artist - i think just alphabetically (which you could switch to random of course). Another idea - name the album after the artist (will work well if you're scrolling through albums). Anyway i appreciate your idea - i'll consider it. I'll see how it goes - i'm just beginning to put albums onto my player and haven't got many single songs there yet.</unknown>

Old 07-31-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Be advised this is worst-case scenario. For the most part, as long as your album art is embedded in the music files (it's part of the ID3v2 standard), you've got updated firmware, and your player hasn't been exposed to more than one sync manager, album art should display perfectly fine.
For the most part, my album art works just dandy (although I did have to rename Clapton's and Kiss's "Unplugged" albums ). But I cannot get the player to display the art for Elvis's "30 #1 Hits" album. I've removed the entire artist folder from the ZVM, rebooted it (with the idea that this might clear some kind of cache somewhere) and re-loaded the album. No go. I changed the album name to "30 Number One Hits" in case the # character was screwing things up. Deleted, rebooted, reloaded... no go. The album art is there in all the original files; I have checked through both WMP11 and dbPowerAmp's tag editor. I will try the folder.jpg suggestion, but if anyone knows why this might be happening with this one album, I'd love to know.

Another thing I found is that if you do a mass tag-edit in MediaSource Organizer (like highlighting all the files in a folder, right-clicking and selecting Edit Album) you will lose all the album art from that album. I had to reload a whole bunch of stuff after doing that. Sucked.

Ron Moses

Old 09-04-2007, 11:02 PM

Hello folks. I was wondering if there was an option to browse the music through folders. Something similar to photos and video browsing. I've looked but can't find anything.

I used to use an Iriver H140 (amazing ) and it was drag n' drop with folders. Windows recognized it as an external hdd. So yeah, I need help with that.

I'm stuck right now with making playlist, but that's starting to get cumbersome and messy. My music library is messy enough b/c none of the files are labeled correctly.

If anyone could help, that would be great. I've got a bad feeling though that it's not possible. Hope I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

Hello. The Zen Vision:M doesn't support file/folder browsing.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoxil View Post
Hello. The Zen Vision:M doesn't support file/folder browsing.
File/folder browsing for music?

And there is no way to fix that? Cause it seems that if it supports it for photos/videos it could support it for music.

Thanks for your help,

Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

The Zen Vision:M uses the information embedded in the ID3 tags of your MP3 files to organize them by genre, artist, album and so on. It won't rely on any folder structure you set up.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:39 PM

Alright. Thanks again.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:59 AM

Welcome to ABi chees3puff. Sorry we had to start out with something you'd rather not hear. I can sympathize though, having worked through the same issue myself.

Your Zen is an mtp player that sorts and organizes mp3 files by their ID3 tags. It mainly uses the 'artist' (track, not album), 'genre', and 'album' tags. You can edit them to contain whatever information you want to use to organize your music.

If your music isn't particularly organized, and you think the tags are messed up on alot of your files, you can use a mass tagger like mp3tag tools or MediaMonkey (both free downloads) to edit tags on large chunks of files. They both have the ability to retag using file names or retag with tag information from the web if you don't want to manually do all this.

I know I spent the better part of a day retagging and organizing my music when I started out. But now, I can find anything in seconds, so it was worth it.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Smile

thanks dude...they were really useful...

Old 10-28-2007, 08:01 AM

Hi all.
I tried the below, everything up to and including stopping CTDetect.exe in the task manager, and STILL my Zen is being detected the moment it connects, and therefore is docking, which means I can't use it while it's connected.
Any ideas? I've attached a screenshot of my desktop, and the task manager also, if perhaps that might give anyone an idea why this won't work for me. As you can see, there are no other media players running, but just to be certain, I went into each instance of a Creative product (for some reason I have MediaSource and Mediasource 5) and disabled the detector, with the same result.
Thx for any help.
TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahk View Post
If you refer to the "Docked" icon that shows up as soon as you connect your ZVM to the PC, it's the fault of Creative Media Source Organizer. The "Detector" is turned on by default, but can be switched off to prevent your PC from grabbing the ZVM's attention right away.

Launch Creative Media Source Organizer, on the "Tools" menu select the "Settings" option, then to to the "Detector" tab and uncheck the "Enable Detector" setting. Click OK and exit the Media Source Organizer. Now your ZVM can be attached to the PC without the "Docked" icon coming up right away. The player is still being recharged (as seen by the flashing power icon) but now you can use it as you normally do.

The ZVM will automatically dock itself whenever any application (e.g. Creative Media Explorer, MediaMonkey, Windows Media Player, etc.) tries to access it. When these apps disconnect from the ZVM, the "Docked"
icon will go away, you will see a brief "Updating your player" dialog box on your PC, and the player will go back to its normal state.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg desktop.jpg (72.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg taskman.jpg (77.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg taskman2.jpg (73.6 KB, 15 views)

Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 PM

Didn't really feel like reading all of the posts here but I have a question. Excuse me if it's already answered.
When listening to a song, press the shortcut button and scroll till you see "purchase this"...WHAT...IS...THAT...USED...FOR...?
Why would I like to buy a track if I already own it????
Please...I hope someone knows the answer to this, I'm really bothered by that option "purchase this"...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAngel View Post
Didn't really feel like reading all of the posts here but I have a question. Excuse me if it's already answered.
When listening to a song, press the shortcut button and scroll till you see "purchase this"...WHAT...IS...THAT...USED...FOR...?
Why would I like to buy a track if I already own it????
Please...I hope someone knows the answer to this, I'm really bothered by that option "purchase this"...
first of all, the button you speak of is the menu button, the shortcut button is the top left button. It is for if you are using a subscription service like yahoo to go or napster, you pay to rent the songs and if you are listening to a song and want to buy it to have forever you click that and when you connect back to your computer it will ask you if you want to buy the tracks you selected to purchase.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Hi all.
I tried the below, everything up to and including stopping CTDetect.exe in the task manager, and STILL my Zen is being detected the moment it connects, and therefore is docking, which means I can't use it while it's connected.
Any ideas? I've attached a screenshot of my desktop, and the task manager also, if perhaps that might give anyone an idea why this won't work for me. As you can see, there are no other media players running, but just to be certain, I went into each instance of a Creative product (for some reason I have MediaSource and Mediasource 5) and disabled the detector, with the same result.
Thx for any help.
TH
Trollheart, I don't know what about the fancy-dancy technicalities to your problem. But maybe it's your desktop wallpaper?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Yeh, dang women!

Old 10-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Yeh, dang women!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:14 PM

'pologies to any of our lovely ladies who may have been offended by my (completely humorous) offhand remark. Especially Zenchick. I have nothing but the utmost respect for women. The phrase "dang women!" is actually a joke between my sister and I, and outside that context might (might) have been taken as offensive. If so, I do apologise as I didn't mean anything derogatory by it.
Now, back to the kitchen with yiz!

Seriously, don't take offence, none was meant.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:12 PM

Back in the kitchen? I understand that you've been joking but that's over the line. Live in the year 2007 will you.
But I'm not offended by your joke. Everyone knows that men are completely useless anyway. Men don't do anything but cause problems. Men isn't even needed anymore since the "rock chic angle" and "the rabbitt" was invented and there's enough "swimmers" in "the bank", so men is not needed...at all.
See that was my joke...are you offended?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:54 PM

Hi LadyAngel!
I very seldom get offended. I can take a joke usually very well, but am aware that some people (I'm not saying you) can't even distinguish between a a real sentiment and the attempt to make a post less heavy by way of some humour. That's why I put the bit in about the kitchen --- makes me feel less like a spineless wimp for apologising!
Anyway, you women DO need us men --- who would you blame for everything otherwise?

Two short quotes for you:

"Our topic today --- Men: round 'em up, kill 'em all!" --- Married with children

"Today --- Men!" audience responds with "BOOOO!" --- Afternoon Yak, from the Simpsons