android
Old 10-31-2007, 11:36 PM

We're a little bit off topic here. Let's just agree on that both genders have their flaws. BTW, why would you be a spinless wimp just beacause you apologize for something? If something; apologizing makes you a better man.
Now we can get back to the real subject which is ZVM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
'pologies to any of our lovely ladies who may have been offended by my (completely humorous) offhand remark. Especially Zenchick. I have nothing but the utmost respect for women. The phrase "dang women!" is actually a joke between my sister and I, and outside that context might (might) have been taken as offensive. If so, I do apologise as I didn't mean anything derogatory by it.
Now, back to the kitchen with yiz!

Seriously, don't take offence, none was meant.
Honey, it takes a lot more than that to offend me.

And, uhhh... Yeah, we'd better get back on topic, before some bitchy-ol' mod jumps on our cases.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:51 AM

Agree, now let's get back to the...uhmm...what where we talking about? Oh yeah..ZVM.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:00 PM

Hi...this might be useless ..but worth a shot

I think you can turn off the screen of ZVM while charging via your computer to dramatically decrease the charging time. To do this, shut down creative Sync Manager. As a result, the "docked" icon from the screen disappears and you can access the normal functions of the player. Remember to shut down all the applications that are accessing your player. Now shut down the player using the on/off switch. The screen goes off, but the battery charging icon stays on !!!. Push the switch to lock position. Now your player is charging via the computer with its screen turned off.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:59 AM

Default tv out option

i search for tips that refer to tv out option correct me if I wrong but i didn't found any tips in that category.
o.k so here few tips on tv out option on vision:m player:

1.you can display video files from the vision:m player on the tv just get the cable and connect it to the adapter and to the tv its automatically switch to tv mode (its very us full option)

2.you can use programs to add subtitles to the movies (sub2ssa, virtual dub)

in conclusion if you like to watch movies the vision:m can take the place of your dvd the quality of the output video is very good you should try it have fun !

Old 01-31-2008, 02:58 PM

Default PLay whatever song you want for the alarm

Seems nobody knows or at least has cared to share this tip so allow me

In order to set the alarm to play whatever song you want Go to the alarm settings and set the time but where it says audio change it to OFF this makes no sense i know but thats how you do it...

Now before you go to sleep or whetever Set the alarm and change the player to whatever song you want to play and turn it off. the song has to be playing however because bassically if you have the audio off setting on the alarm settings it simply turns on your player back to whatever it was doing last in this case playing your song! It will continue to play so you can make playlists and stuff and it will play when the alarm goes off.

if its unclear just say so

Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 PM

Default Deleting songs from ZVM

I've had my ZVM for over a year now, and generally love it, but something has been bothering me lately. I've accumulated a lot of music on it - nearly full - and want to reorganize things and purge things I don't want to listen to anymore. I open the Media Explorer and Browse Media. I find things I want to get rid of, and click on them then hit the Delete key. A box pops up and asks me if I'm sure. I say Yes and it does the little deleting animation. I do this a bunch of times.

Then I go to add something new, and use the Add Media feature in Media Explorer. It say I now have 21Gb available on the player. Yay! I add some new files.

Then I disconnect the ZVM, it says "updating" and I look at the Media Library. All the things I deleted are still listed there, and I can even play them. What's up? Do I have to delete things one at a time on the player?

And by the way, when I feel the need to listen to the player while it's docked, I find that I can play songs from it in either Winamp or WMP. Though they won't scrobble to Last.fm when I do that...

Old 04-12-2008, 12:53 PM

Default i tried this but it sais it is still docked

i disables the dock on media source organizer but it still says it is docked is there a way to uninstall everything of creative on my computer

Old 04-12-2008, 01:52 PM

Default i tried it but it still wont work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahk View Post
If you refer to the "Docked" icon that shows up as soon as you connect your ZVM to the PC, it's the fault of Creative Media Source Organizer. The "Detector" is turned on by default, but can be switched off to prevent your PC from grabbing the ZVM's attention right away.

Launch Creative Media Source Organizer, on the "Tools" menu select the "Settings" option, then to to the "Detector" tab and uncheck the "Enable Detector" setting. Click OK and exit the Media Source Organizer. Now your ZVM can be attached to the PC without the "Docked" icon coming up right away. The player is still being recharged (as seen by the flashing power icon) but now you can use it as you normally do.

The ZVM will automatically dock itself whenever any application (e.g. Creative Media Explorer, MediaMonkey, Windows Media Player, etc.) tries to access it. When these apps disconnect from the ZVM, the "Docked"
icon will go away, you will see a brief "Updating your player" dialog box on your PC, and the player will go back to its normal state.

i tried this but my zen v still detecks it and sais docked what do i do

Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardDawg View Post
i tried this but my zen v still detecks it and sais docked what do i do
What version of Windows are you running? What version of Windows Media Player do you have installed? Are you running any other MTP-aware program, such as Winamp, while your player is connected?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:46 PM

Default same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
What version of Windows are you running? What version of Windows Media Player do you have installed? Are you running any other MTP-aware program, such as Winamp, while your player is connected?
I've got the same problem as GardDawg, the screen stays on regardless of what the detector settings are set at.
I've got Windows XP, WMP version 11 & I've tried the ZVM without any other media players being active, not sure what you mean by MTP-aware.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:10 PM

Default renaming folders

I haven't seen any tips related to these problems but if anyone knows any I'd much appreciate any advice:
1) When I import audio folders to the ZVM it takes the exact name of the folder. I've tried to change folder names through ZVM media explorer & creative media source organiser but while the folder names change on the PC they're unchanged on ZVM.

2)When I tried to convert & add a .mov file the promp I got was that it needed Quick Time 7, why as I've been able to view the .mov in VLC media player?

3)When ripping a cd with multiple artists noted on the gracenotes album info service (eg cream of Clapton where they're listed as Craem, Clapton & Derek & Dominoes) it creates a seperate folder in ZVM for each artist, thus breaking up the album. The only way I've seen to get round it is to Change all the artist names to Clapton.

4) How do you safely turn off/disconnect the ZVM from the computer while its still charging as the manual says don't disconnect them when the wee charging icon is flashing?

Thanks

Old 04-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanH View Post
I haven't seen any tips related to these problems but if anyone knows any I'd much appreciate any advice:
1) When I import audio folders to the ZVM it takes the exact name of the folder. I've tried to change folder names through ZVM media explorer & creative media source organiser but while the folder names change on the PC they're unchanged on ZVM.

2)When I tried to convert & add a .mov file the promp I got was that it needed Quick Time 7, why as I've been able to view the .mov in VLC media player?

3)When ripping a cd with multiple artists noted on the gracenotes album info service (eg cream of Clapton where they're listed as Craem, Clapton & Derek & Dominoes) it creates a seperate folder in ZVM for each artist, thus breaking up the album. The only way I've seen to get round it is to Change all the artist names to Clapton.

4) How do you safely turn off/disconnect the ZVM from the computer while its still charging as the manual says don't disconnect them when the wee charging icon is flashing?

Thanks
1. This is a limitation of Media Explorer. If you have WMP11 installed, you can access the player directly through its icon in "My Computer", and then you can rename folders. Note 1: Do not rename root folders within the player. You can rename subfolders within the root folders, but not the root folders themselves. Note 2: If you upgrade WMP10 to WMP11, you must either uninstall Creative's software OR download and install the update patch for Media Explorer; otherwise you will have a software conflict.

2. This is normal. Creative's video converter will only recognize the .mov codec supplied with Quicktime.

3. This is normal behavior for any media library manager and CD ripper that creates an Artist\Album subfolder tree. As you discovered, you must keep the information within the "Artist" tag the same across all songs within an album, otherwise different folder trees will be created for each artist. For "various artist" compilation albums, having separate folder trees is something you'll just have to get used to. Note: The ZVM organizes and lists songs according to the contents of the songs' ID3 tags, and ignores folder hierarchy for music files.

4. As long as the "docked" arrows on the ZVM's screen are not moving, it is safe to disconnect the device. For added safety, ensure the arrows are stationary for at least ten seconds before disconnecting.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanH View Post
I've got the same problem as GardDawg, the screen stays on regardless of what the detector settings are set at.
I've got Windows XP, WMP version 11 & I've tried the ZVM without any other media players being active, not sure what you mean by MTP-aware.
By MTP-aware, I mean any program with capability of talking to MTP players, such as the ZVM. In your case, the culprit is WMP11. As long as it's installed, there is a background service running that monitors for MTP devices, and that's what's keeping your player auto-docked. You can disable the ZVM within Windows' Device Manager to get it to undock while plugged in, but it's not recommended.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:43 PM

Why isn't it recommended, what could be the consequences?
If I don't disable it I'm assuming my only option is to delete WMP11 or put up with ZVM being unavailable while docked.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The biggest consequence is that something happens and you can't reinitialize the device within device manager. This isn't very likely, but it's a possibility. More likely, however, you'll forget that you disabled it, and some time down the road you'll plug it in to sync something and spend several frantic hours trying to figure out why Windows won't recognize your player.

Don't laugh - I've seen it happen!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
The biggest consequence is that something happens and you can't reinitialize the device within device manager. This isn't very likely, but it's a possibility. More likely, however, you'll forget that you disabled it, and some time down the road you'll plug it in to sync something and spend several frantic hours trying to figure out why Windows won't recognize your player.

Don't laugh - I've seen it happen!

Why do I hear Butthead's voice saying, Uh, huhuhuhuh..... Dumbass.... huhuhuh....?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:39 AM

Is there any way to increase the volume of all music? Im trying to play it through an FM transmitter in my car and to play it at a decent volume leads to the speakers crackling because they are not very good..but if the input volume from the ZVM was higher I dont think they would be..

Old 08-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try using the dongle or dock and plug the FM transmitter into the Line Out jack.

My preferred video/audio converter, DVD ripper: Media Coder

Players I own: Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB, Net MD MZ-S1

Old 08-27-2008, 06:43 PM

Cheers! Works like a charm, only issue is that by plugging into the line out jack it routes the display out too..so you cant see which song is playing etc...any quick fix on that on too?