android
Old 02-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Default what cable is needed is transfer pics from camera to x5?

What cable is needed is transfer pics from camera to x5?

Is there a name for this cable? Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2007, 02:11 PM

It's a simple, normal USB cable... you probably got one with your camera.

The X5 got a special "USB Host cable", where you connect any standard USB cable:

Old 02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

What's the subpack thing?

On topic: Is the host cable included? Looks like a normal mini usb to female usb a.... Nice feature, usb host, seen some HDD enclosures with that too, didn't know this player had it.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:05 PM

Yes, the host cable is included, it's a female USB A <-> male mini USB, as you said. You can also connect any card reader or FAT32 hard disk to it. Or another X5, for sharing files... That's the way Cowon rolls, heh.

The subpack is the slightly annoying thing about the X5... it sports the AC-in, USB, line-in and line-out connectors. On the X5 itself is only a Gomadic connector. It was a design decision to use the subpack, to keep the bulk of the X5 lower... but I guess it's the same with the ZV:M and the iPod - although both don't have a line-in!

Old 02-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Hmm what's the power output of the x5 in host mode, in ma? External 2.5" hdd's often run off 5v 500mA, memory card readers and flash pendrives run off a lower mA... If it could deliver 500mA, which i doubt (btw is it usb2.0?) then you could get a really big upgrade usig an external hdd with it

Old 02-10-2007, 06:44 PM

Nah, you can't listen to audio from an external HDD - USB-Host only lets you transfer files to the X5. I don't think it'll power HDDs that don't have a dedicated AC adaptor.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Thanks, that is a cool photo, I'm not sure if I got all those parts.

Anyways, my camera connects to my comp via the USB cable (small plugin side to camera & larger pluging side). My camera doesn't have a large plugin side and neither does X5, so how do they connect?

I hope I am making sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
It's a simple, normal USB cable... you probably got one with your camera.

The X5 got a special "USB Host cable", where you connect any standard USB cable:

Old 02-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Insignia Moderator

He just told you how... Your camera cable plugs into the adapter that came with your X5, and the adapter plugs into the port on the X5.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:45 AM

Yes, you need the "USB Host Cable", as shown on the picture... you really should have gotten one with your X5.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM

Thanks, I foudn that lil bugger of a cable still hidden in the box! Sorry for the confusion