android
Old 02-12-2007, 03:19 PM

Default What Creative Software is Necessary?

I bought a Zen V Plus (4GB) for my daughter's birthday, and though decades of experience has led me to loathe Creative software, I decided to test everything out by installing all the optional software (bloatware) on my machine. After charging, I upgraded the firmware and used WMP11 to transfer a bunch of her favorite songs over without touching any of the Creative stuff.

So, I've got her Zen all charged up, installed with music and ready for her birthday - the question is - what, if anything, will she need to have installed on her computer, (XP Pro SP2 w/ WMP11), to use the Zen?

Are Media Source and Media Explorer necessary?
Which software is used to re-encode and transfer video?

Thanks,

Steven

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2007, 07:47 PM

My wife has the Zen V plus and I have a micro. For music I just started using Mediamonkey, bought the lifetime upgrades, it is great. I have not used mediasource at all, in fact I uninstalled it from the computer. Zencast is kind of cool for podcasts, uploaded a couple of videos on her zen v plus today, they look OK for small screen and sound excellent. Zencast did all the video conversion. As for media explorer, have not had to use that either. I am not an expert at the video thing so I cannot recommend what software to use with video but Mediamonkey and Zencast Organizer are cool. Zencast organizer even converted an m4v video which is quicktime (apple) and played it on her Zen v plus!!
Have fun, Mediamonkey has free software also, highly recommend..

Old 02-12-2007, 08:18 PM

Thanks boodles